Thursday, June 27, 2024

UP IN THE AIR WITH WEST JET

My return home this Canada Day long weekend is literally up in the air,as the West Jet's Union of Mechanical Engineers are in position to go on strike as of tomorrow morning. West Jet has cancelled both today's and tomorrow's flights but not weekend flights as of yet.My fingers 🤞 are crossed that West Jet and the Union can make even a tentative deal between the next 24 hours so I can be up in the air on a West Jet plane instead of being up in the air waiting for news here on the ground..Have any of you been stranded while on vacation due to either a flight cancellation or strike?

10 comments:

  1. I hope the dispute gets quickly sorted so you can fly back home in the weekend.
    I've not had to deal with cancelled flights though I've had many delayed flights but none down to strikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the federal government stepped in and sent both parties to arbitration so the strike was averted. Sorry you have had to deal with delays due to strikes

      Delete
  2. That's excellent news. Governments are useful sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were for me and hundreds of other passengers this long weekend..Whew!

      Delete
  3. I’m glad you were able to get home.

    I haven’t run into that issue, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not able to get home yet as the mechanics went on strike last night regardless of the government arbitration rules between the Union and West Jet.

      Delete
    2. Oh no. Do you have a place to stay?

      Delete
    3. I do Deb and am staying with my sister.I rescheduled my flight with a different airline and leave July 8th instead of today..

      Delete
  4. I've never been stranded by a strike, but have experienced a few flight cancellations. In almost all cases the airline put me up in a hotel at their cost. In one case it was a work trip and I had coworkers who were anxious to get home, so the four of us rented a car and made the eight hour drive to Minneapolis rather than staying another night in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a road trip for you.Nice that you had the option to rent a car to make it back home 🏡.

    ReplyDelete

PHOTOGRAPHS AND MEMORIES

As most of you here know by now,my vacation has been extended by another week due to the strike between West Jet and the mechanics. Even tho...

About Me

My photo
Only here to blog with my fellow AFF exiled friends and connect with other bloggers as well.