Monday, April 8, 2024

THE GREAT NORTH AMERICAN ECLIPSE

 Is what social media has dubbed todays Total Solar Eclipse.. Mexico, parts of the U.S.A. and Canada, will be able to witness in Totality, the Dark Side Of The Moon as it eclipses the Hard, Black Hole Sun.






In Canada here, I myself am just shy of it's path of Totality being an hour north of Toronto. A buddy of mine from a town called Leamington which is directly in it's path, has taken today off work to go to what is called a Totality Party..lol.

The article below is from Wikipedia....


Canada[edit]

In Canada, the path of totality will pass over parts of Southern and Eastern Ontario (including LeamingtonFort Erie,[16] HamiltonNiagara FallsKingstonPrince Edward County, and Cornwall),[17] parts of southern Quebec (including MontrealSherbrookeSaint-Georges and Lac-Mégantic), central New Brunswick (including FrederictonWoodstock and Miramichi),[18] western Prince Edward Island (including Tignish and Summerside),[19][20] the northern tip of Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia,[21] and central Newfoundland (including Gander and Grand Falls-Windsor). Then, it will vanish on the eastern Atlantic coast of Newfoundland.[22] Some of the Canadian cities listed, such as Hamilton and Montreal, are on an edge of the path of totality. WindsorLondonToronto and Ottawa lie just north of the path of totality, and Moncton lies just south of it.

A partial solar eclipse will be visible in all of the other parts of Canada, except the western part of Yukon and the western tip of the Northwest Territories.


With Enigma's post on the subject yesterday: https://enigmainitiative.blogspot.com/2024/04/eclipse-rapture.html

and people thinking it may be "The End Of The World" as they know it, I feel fine about it all myself. In fact I am in Rapture..lol.




Due to not being in it's Total path, plus the cloud cover here today, there will be no Total Eclipse of the Sun nor my Heart at all today for missing it..



How about you? Even though, North America will be able to view it depending on your own cloud covers and weather conditions, are you in the Eclipses Path Of Totality today?
Will you be able to See It Clearly?









15 comments:

  1. We're only getting 60% totality here in Central Florida. But, I do plan to go out and take some pictures of my flowers under the different amounts of light. I suspect I'll get vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would probably be some wicked shots of your garden during your own Partial Eclipse, where you are there and so looking forward to seeing them my friend. No need for the special Glasses for you either today when out during the Eclipse, much like myself here..

      Delete
    2. Too much cloud cover, so sadly no great pics. :(

      Delete
    3. Sorry to hear that Deb. It was the same here also..

      Delete
  2. Though some parts here in Britain will be able to witness the total eclipse, where I live there'll be no eclipse. It's a good job as I haven't got any special glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no special glasses either so you were in good company there. Nice that some of Britain got to see it though.

      Delete
  3. Over here there were clear skies and a wonderful view. I witnessed twenty-seven seconds of total black... and a picture-perfect aura around the sun. But I would hate to have been at a party where the climax lasted less than a minute. Come to think of it, I think I've been part of several of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if you would be able to witness it as I knew it was in Quebec too.Lucky you my friend as it was way too cloudy where I lived to see it. It did get a bit darker around 3:20 or so but that was about it.

      Delete
    2. As for a Climax lasting less then a minute? LMFAO!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. We won't be seeing the total eclipse here in the Land of the Rising Sun. Even if we were in the path, Mother Nature decided to piss all over the fully bloomed cherry blossoms so we wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway.

    It would've been cool to set up a camera and take a vid of it happening, tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you had a day of rain my friend.Hopefully it will make the blossoms bloom even more though where you are in Japan..

      Delete
  5. Only 75% where I live, and it was very cloudy today. I did notice it got a bit more gloomy than it already was, that was about the extent of it. I'm regretting not traveling as I see my friends posting pictures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same regret now seeing some of my friends photos who traveled to towns where it was in their path..Sounds like you and I had the same weather yesterday..

      Delete
  6. I saw it briefly as the clouds thinned just enough shortly after the 80% or so peak here. The cloud cover had been thick enough that I did not really notice an increase in darkness.

    🤠

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad your clouds thinned a wee bit for you. It was definitely cloudy by the sounds of it in a lot of areas where we only got a partial view of it unfortunately..

      Delete

PHOTOGRAPHS AND MEMORIES

As most of you here know by now,my vacation has been extended by another week due to the strike between West Jet and the mechanics. Even tho...

About Me

My photo
Only here to blog with my fellow AFF exiled friends and connect with other bloggers as well.