Tuesday, April 9, 2024

A 3 AM MAINSTREAM EXILE

 

Once I saw the title of the Album the song 3AM came from by Matchbox Twenty, this once Mainstream AFF blogger in Exile, could not resist..

If there is One Thing I miss about AFF at the moment, it is not Talking Anymore at 3 a.m when I get home from work. When it is After Midnight connecting with either other Nigh shift workers or those living in a different time zone..







There was always someone awake on AFF at least to chat with who had also just got home from A Hard Day's Night. While the majority of the world was sound asleep, I had and chatted with a multitude of others, who were either Restless, or jacked up on coffee and adrenaline due to working The Night Shift..







There is a club in Toronto called The Oasis that quite a few Midnight Owls like me, while chatting used to ask me to go to..lol.



So my fellow Exiles and others.. Have you ever worked Midnights?

If so and you now work during the day, which one do you prefer? Daytime or Night Time?



One thing this Mainstream Exile is truly missing from the other site is chatting and connecting with others, especially at 3 AM in the morning..





6 comments:

  1. When I was in college I had a job as a switchboard operator at a hospital. Most of my shifts were 3-11 pm, which suited me well. I did have to fill in on a couple of 11 pm - 7 am shifts, and it was extremely difficult for me to stay awake all night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to stay awake in the middle of the night and a tough shift. 3-11 is a hard one also..

      Delete
  2. I can see missing that connection at a time when most area asleep. I did midnights through much of my twenties and thirties, but when I got off work I was often too tired to do anything but go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know others can relate to working nights my friend.It is hard to stay awake once you come home from work and unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never regularly worked nights except occasionally working through the night to hit a deadline the next day.

    ReplyDelete

PHOTOGRAPHS AND MEMORIES

As most of you here know by now,my vacation has been extended by another week due to the strike between West Jet and the mechanics. Even tho...

About Me

My photo
Only here to blog with my fellow AFF exiled friends and connect with other bloggers as well.