Friday, April 19, 2024

HELLO IT'S ME AGAIN TECH SUPPORT

 



During my tenure on AFF blogging especially, one would find me on Live Chat daily with Customer Service. Most of you know all about posts being denied or taking hours to get approved and go Live.

By the sounds of it, that has not changed at all. Being a veteran knowing how it all worked, if my morning erotica had not been approved within the hour after I posted it, I would hit that Live Chat button for the first responder Tier One IT Techs and give them my username and password. Immediately under that in the box, I would ask to be transferred to Tech Support, bypassing Tier One..



It became a daily habit and Tier One, when I messaged would just immediately transfer me over.

If one is lucky when talking to Tier 2 Tech Support at the same time every day, you would chat with Umut most early mornings. I know most of you reading this has at one time or another dealt with Umut.

In my case when it became every single morning at 4 a.m. my time, a rapport starts to happen beyond the Customer Service aspects of it. I ended up strictly asking for Umut, if either Yagiz or Meghan answered. Although Yagiz and Meghan were also helpful and courteous when trying to get down to the bottom of finding out either why my post was not Live,  denied, or whatever glitch I had bitched about, they were not Umut..

Umut put the "service" in Customer Service on AFF. Every morning when in Live chat with Umut, his first words were always " Good Morning Joy." I was not only author51, nor just a member, but was a person instead..

His response after my initial request of approving and opening my morning erotica was usually,"No worries. I will have you fixed up in no time." Within less then 3 minutes, it would go Live..

I remember a post in November I did titled " If You Want To Change The World, Love A Man" written by Lisa Citore, for International Men's Day. That post had been denied by Tier One and I was fuming.




I got onto Live Chat and after requesting to be transferred to Tech Support, Umut was on. After he reviewed it, he came back to me and stated " I have no idea why it was denied as it is a beautiful tribute to men."

I would have posted On March 8th for International Women's Day with another poem Lisa Citore titled "If You Want To Change The World, Love A Woman" yet was exiled the day before on March 7th..



Fast forward to now April 19th. When my friend JN was reinstated and she asked if any of us exiles had any messages for others, I asked her if she talks to Umut, to tell him I said Hi.

She did and Umut came back with a response that made my day which went like this:


Hi Joy, .


I told Umut that you said "hi" and decided to not return to the site and that you appreciated all his help over the years. 

He sent me this:

-----

 I'm truly sorry to hear that she's not returning to the site. She has always been a great contributor to the Community and everyone will surely miss her.

 I was reading a passage recently where a character was saying "Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again." and I could not agree more. I've always enjoyed helping her out and I'm grateful for the opportunity to support her over the years. I wish her best of luck in her future endeavors. If she changes her mind, I promise I'll keep the poutine warm for her return. 

-----

AFF needs more staff like him. 

Knowing Umut took both the time to respond, along with his comment about keeping the poutine warm if I returned, just reiterates how much he always went above and beyond the call on AFF, Tier 2 Tech Support and cared about us humans behind the keyboard..

Both AFF and the world needs more Umuts period. So much so, that I ended up sending AFF Blog Escalation, a private message to Ali, and making sure it was forwarded to Jon ( which it was) about what a Gem Umut is and they are lucky to have him as an employee. He exemplifies what Customer Service truly is on that site.. This is it..


Hi Ali. Old author51 here (Joy). I know I am not being reinstated and that is fine as I would not be returning to the site anyway.
I did want to give a shout out and huge Thank You to Umut from Tech Support. Umut helped me for years to get either my old blog posts approved and Live or answer questions for me when others posts had been denied by Tier One reviewers.

I sincerely hope you and AFF management know, just how valuable Umut is. Not only that but he is kind, courteous and a total Joy for all members to chat with, when dealing with glitches, frustrations and the like on AFF... He put the "service" in Customer Service and needs to be commended.

He made my time, a lot easier while there. Please, if you could forward this message to him and congratulate Umut on a job well done, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Please also tell him (author51) the Canadian, says Hi and that the next time I have poutine it will be warm and eaten with a smile.. Umut will know what I am referring to..

Thank you..

Joy ( author51)

For those here reading this and still blogging on AFF, do you go onto Live Chat when problems arise, or do you just send a message to Customer Support?
Going onto Live Chat is so much quicker in the response time to help deal with the issues more efficiently within minutes instead of maybe days.
Have any of you dealt with Umut personally from Tech Support and can relate?

If you do go to Live Chat, in order to bypass Tier 1, give your username and password immediately and ask them to transfer you to Tech Support in that same text, right off the bat..

Fingers crossed you all get Umut. He is AFF's saving grace and one who will try to bend over backwards without all the automated Lip Service on that site, trust me..







 

10 comments:

  1. This was a lovely tribute to a wonderful employee. Well said Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb.Even though I do not miss having my posts denied now or languishing for hours,Umut and his help were a bright spot I do miss from AFF..

      Delete
  2. I'm really glad you took the time to send over some kudos for Umut. I'll admit that most of the time I've fumed in silence when my posts go into limbo. Or get denied multiple times for reasons that I cannot discern. On a couple of occasions I've used an "escalation" email address but didn't want to abuse the privilege of having that. Maybe I need to become more of a squeaky wheel.

    My HNW of a week ago was denied three times in a row so I reported it on the "Was Your Post Denied" thread. No action on it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quicker if you send them an email with the q:code of the post that got denied. I'll be happy to give you the email address to use if you don't have it already.

      Delete
    2. Sorry to hear you are still going through it on AFF. I just hope if you do deal with escalation or go in to Live chat that you get Umut as he is a huge help and fixes the issues quickly for members there..

      Delete
    3. JN, yes, you gave me that email address and that's the one I've used a couple of times, with success. Like I said, didn't want to over-abuse the privilege but maybe I'll use it more often.

      Delete
  3. The post is such a wonderful tribute to Umut. He's always a delight to talk with when trying to get issues resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is and you are also one to know how he makes one feel like the human beings we are on AFF.He goes above and beyond and shall miss our daily morning chats there..

      Delete
  4. Umut was and is a star.
    Samantha always frightened me though she was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had gotten replies from Samantha the odd time in messages with escalation and can see your point there.She is no Umut..lol.

      Delete

PHOTOGRAPHS AND MEMORIES

As most of you here know by now,my vacation has been extended by another week due to the strike between West Jet and the mechanics. Even tho...

About Me

My photo
Only here to blog with my fellow AFF exiled friends and connect with other bloggers as well.