Thursday, March 28, 2024

A PRETTY LADY OF MUSIC

 In December 2023 on AFF, I wrote a post about my Old Flame and I, seeing the Canadian band "Lighthouse", with him orchestrating  purchasing tickets for us both as a Christmas present.



It was a special night of music we both grew up on, as we are the exact same age, listened to and it brought our connection even closer. For those of you here and especially still on AFF searching for that one to "Fuck" decades younger... please give your head a shake. Being of the same generation, there is no comparison at all.. None..


Fast forward to this morning for me, and reciprocating  with buying tickets at the same venue for another legendary Canadian Band called " The Stampeders."


The "Stampeders" who hail from, Calgary, Alberta  where Canada's world renowned" Calgary Stampede" is from. The original members of  "The Stampeders"  playing at the same venue as "Lighthouse" did at Christmas... I  bought the tickets..


One of the Stampeders songs " Oh My Lady" and the tickets I bought this morning, along with Lighthouse's " Pretty Lady" he bought for us at Christmas, hits home.




So do these next ones that most Canadians will know , but no one else will outside of Canada and this one song of theirs that Hit the Billboard charts  with " Sweet City Woman." Along with these next songs..







6 comments:

  1. It is very different to go out with someone you share history with, it's why I don't like dating too much older or younger.

    I'm glad you're both enjoying each others company and music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like you Deb. and personally love my own generation or close to it say by 5 years.10 years max.. Thanks.I am having a lot of fun at this stage of my life..

      Delete
  2. It seems Canada has a thriving music scene.
    I hope you enjoy The Stampeders gig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do and so looking forward to seeing them..Thank you. Happy Easter,,

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the memories. Have a great time. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome my friend. Happy Easter Hun..

    ReplyDelete

PHOTOGRAPHS AND MEMORIES

As most of you here know by now,my vacation has been extended by another week due to the strike between West Jet and the mechanics. Even tho...

About Me

My photo
Only here to blog with my fellow AFF exiled friends and connect with other bloggers as well.