Friday, May 24, 2024

THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CANADA AND THE U.S.A - VICTORIA DAY VERSES MEMORIAL DAY

Being Canadian and mistaken too many times to count for being American, became inspiration for this post. The conversation with an American blogger still on AFF and one I chat with offline, is as follows.. Me: I do not have Memorial Day in Canada.Last weekend here in Canada and what is known as our Victoria Day, May Two-Four Long Weekend, we keep seperate from the U.S.A.. We do share Labour Day, and yes being Canadian, I spell it with a "U".. I do so adore my American friends and men like you I would so love to fuck, south of my Canadian border, but we have so very many differences. Our spelling up here and holidays are just two of them. Being separate countries sharing the same Continent, will do that.. He asked me Why? I had "Victoria Day" in Canada last weekend, while the United States "Memorial Day" this weekend paid homeage to it's fallen soldiers.. I ended up sending him links as what makes Canada and the USA totally different both in spelling,holidays and how Canada verses The United States, remember our militarity here in Canada, compared to the U.S.A.
When my thousands of followers on AFF, mistook this Canadian for being American, I sent them links on how different Canadians/USA are.. Made no difference at all either way......

6 comments:

  1. How can anybody mistake you for an American??!! You always make it clear that you're a proud Canadian through and through. Did they not read a thing you wrote? ๐Ÿคจ

    A lot of people mistake me for Japanese, simply because I live in Japan. They're like, your English is great ๐Ÿ˜‚ I've broken many hearts when I tell them that I'm American ๐Ÿคฃ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was in good company..lol. Funny how people just assume things and how surprised they become when we tell them what nationality we are or where we are from....

      Delete
  2. There are differences for sure, but in general, I think people are more alike than the same despite where they come from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canadians and Americans seem to get on well together which is just as well given that they're neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are lucky that we do have a good relationship with America as not all countries who neighbour one another can say the same..

    ReplyDelete

PHOTOGRAPHS AND MEMORIES

As most of you here know by now,my vacation has been extended by another week due to the strike between West Jet and the mechanics. Even tho...

About Me

My photo
Only here to blog with my fellow AFF exiled friends and connect with other bloggers as well.